Friday, January 30, 2015
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Science Experiment #2
For this experiment I...
1. Cut a lemon in half and juiced it.
2. Got a big bowl and filled it with water.
3. And put Iodine in it.
4. Got a paintbrush and dipped it into the lemon juice.
5. Painted letters on the paper that I cut.
6. Let it dry.
7. Got impatient.
8. Used Mom's hair dryer to speed things along.
9. Put the paper in the Iodine solution.
10. Waited and waited and waited.
11. And then I could see the message I had painted on the paper. It said:
"Soren is a stinker"
12. Showed it to Soren.
13. Poured the lemon juice into the Iodine solution and then it lost all color.
When I put the paper in the Iodine, the Iodine molecules combining with the paper molecules turned DARK. But the Iodine molecules combining with the lemon juice molecules turned COLORLESS. And then I could see my magic writing.